e-Shram Card Apply Odisha – eShram Card Benefit and Details | e-SHRAM portal registration has begun. Unorganized workers can go to e-SHRAM portal – https://www.eshram.gov.in/ – and register their details. More than 38 crore workers can register themselves under one portal. Registration is totally free and workers do not have to pay anything. Notably, an e-SHRAM card will be issued and it will be acceptable across the country. e-Shram Card Apply Odisha – eShram Card Benefit and Details
What is eShram card?
Workers will be issued an e-SHRAM card with unique Universal Account Number (UAN) and will be able to access the benefits of the various social security schemes through this card anywhere anytime, Apurva Chandra, Secretary, Labour Ministry said
Here’s how to register on e-SHRAM portal:
Step 1: Type the official web address of e-SHRAM portal page – https://www.eshram.gov.in/ in the search bar of any internet browser.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on “Register on e-SHRAM” link/section.
Step 3: Once you click on it, the user will be redirected to a new page https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
Step 4: On the Self Registration, the user has to enter their Aadhaar linked mobile number. (It is a preferred option).
Step 5: Enter the captcha and select if they are member of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) or the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) option and click on send OTP.
Step 6: The user will then have to follow the subsequent process by entering bank account details etc. to complete the registration process.
e Shram Card Benefits
- After registering on the e-SHRAM portal, unorganized workers will need not to register separately for Govt’s Social Security Schemes. e-SHRAM card containing a 12-digit UAN will be valid throughout the country,” Union Minister of State Rameswar Teli said.
- Government of India launches National Database – e-SHRAM Portal – for Unorganised Workers for the overall welfare of crores of unorganized workers of the country.
- Construction workers, migrant workers, street vendors, domestic workers, milkmen, truck drivers, fishermen, agriculture workers, and similar other workers to be covered.
- All registered Unorganised Workers will be provided the accidental Insurance Coverage through Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) for a year.
- Rs 2 lakh for accidental death and permanent disability and Rs 1 lakh for partial disability.
- Social security benefits will be delivered through e-SHRAM portal.
- It will also be helpful for State and Central Governments to provide assistance to eligible UWs in case of any pandemic or calamities.